Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

An Ode to Meju

(by rambutan)


I have a drooling-leching mate in Haru Haru.

She is non other than Korean translator, Meju.

Always snickering at others over the whole fangirly thing,

One day we turned into mush balls watching Kang Suk on screen.

Why we lech after that stuffy, gruff man we don’t understand.

But he sure stirs our hearts like no male star now can.


One day I asked her to translate a Gloria song.

Immediately, she launched a disclaimer about a mile long.

“I'm not literal, I translate as would normal English sound,

Yet capturing the essence as would the words expound.

My translation takes note of both mood and tone

Based on these, the seed of my translation is sown.”


Meju's translations of GLORIA are a delight and a treat.

She makes those who time her episodes squeee! and squeak.

Methuongcon: “Oh Meju, your translations are so easy to time!”

And Starstruck, Hitomi and KimT sang the same chimes.

Actually, not only timers, but others sing their praises, too.

Fore said: “If Meju joins TEAM GLORIA, it will be a coup.”

No comments:

Post a Comment