Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

A little rant in a rainy day!

Today is my first day trying to watch a Korean drama live. I mean today is the first day I tried live streaming and it was amazing. Maybe because the episode is amazing or maybe because the fact that the software works amazed me. Either reasons, I'm still more than happy to watch it live at the same time as it was broadcast in Korean. How cool is that!

Well, the reason behind this post is not streaming. lol The reason is that I have just watched Playfull Kiss ep 10. Let me tell you why that is important enough to write a post. Because I just finished watching the ep 2 yesterday, today I jumped to ep 10. o_O

Yes, I do have all the 8 eps in my hard drive. Yes, I know we has released sub until ep 4. AND yes, I know I had to time part of ep 2 and 8 but I actually did not watch any other parts except for the one I time. I am the weird one I guess. Most of the series that I have participated I haven't finished any of them. ( A man called god, Smile you, Gloria, and Coffee House... even though Coffee House might be the one that I watched more than others since I had lots of part to time in it.)

You can say because when I time, I have to listen to the ep too much, I just cannot watch it any more. Or you can say, I have no more free time to watch. If I have free time, I rather use it to finish one more ep or recheck a timing part. Or simply just use more time for family that I don't actually have much besides my student's life.

Meaning of this, since I joined fansub team, I did sacrifice my own pleasure. Just like Citrone said in the previous post, we, subbers, do have lives outside of subbing. If I had continued to be just a watcher, I could have had time to watch more series, or could have had time to do other hobbies. Sometimes I do wonder why I chose this path, then I remembered my desire to help others and wanting for sub to get out faster.

Of course, we do want to release sub as fast as possible. Why would we want to keep the sub if it's already ready? What benefit do we have to keep our readers, or dare I say, our fans to wait for us? Seeing all the red and deleted comments makes me wonder if anyone wants to understand this point of view.

I don't know why just from watching a live streaming makes me so emotional. Maybe because of the rain that San Diego has after a very hot week, or because of the fact that I was gonna wake up early to study and ended up watching drama.

Anyway, I am signing out. (back to finish my HW)

6 comments:

  1. KimT, I hope your HW went well, and emotional... well, I'm trying to figure out the same.

    There's a mere connection within one's self with drama watching. It's like some of the emotions that we aren't able to express on a daily basis (whether in conflict with time to just recognize our own self or just embarrassment to go about our day with our emotions worn on our sleeves) are conveyed through the characters we are viewing. Even if the drama is "overdramatic" and "comical," there are parts I can relate to^_^.

    Happy Watching, and Continue to enjoy the Live Stream. It's great when things fall into place too when it comes to trying some thing new on your computer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and as for skipping ahead... luckily I am able to catch up every few episodes of GLORIA.

    I enjoy the series thoroughly, but I know that if I wasn't timing here and there eps., it may have stayed in my external HD waiting for me... and waiting for me.

    Did I have good intentions to go from start to finish... yep, indeed, but I'm lucky to catch up with what's going on every few eps. through timing.^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. But as for Personal Taste that I've been trying to sit down and watch on DramaFever... it's a very slow process- yep, fansubbing changed the way I watched dramas.^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. This entry is not a very good one since I keep repeating the same thing over without any main idea behind. That's why it is just a rant.

    Thanks, methuongcon, I finished the HW just in time. I'm such a procrastinator.

    Yup I was on hype just because my PC worked for the first time after failing on me so many times. (I paid a lot for it so I expected more.)

    And I understood completely the connection from the watcher with the drama itself that you're talking about. Haiz, that's why I am just so addicted to K-drama.

    It's a good point though, I might not have watched part of AMCG if it wasn't for the reason that I needed to time. And you reminded me that I haven't finished Personal Tastes as well, the same goes with Prosecutor Princess. Too many dramas that I haven't finished. Haiz, now my studying with family matter just keep getting in the way. >"<

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off, let me say KAMSAHAMNIDA!!! Thank you for all your hard work subbing drama series for the rest of us crazy fans. I know sometimes you will feel rushed or pressured to release subs quickly, but please know that it is just the crazy rush of fan fever. Especially when things get more interesting, as a fan, you want to hurry up and know everything already. That is why we get too impatient and forget to say "please" and "thank you" and forget that you are not machines subbing the episodes, but people with needs.

    As one of my favorite bloggers, javabeans (from DramaBeans.com) describes it, K-drama is like crack. As fans, we get into it and before we know it, it's like we're overdosing -- we try to get as much as we can, as quickly as we can. It's quite an addiction. And it doesn't get better over time.

    Anyway ... since I'm rambling and not making much sense, I just wanted to finish with thank you again, and good luck with the other aspects of your life. We don't want you to become stressed and burn out. So rest up and take time for yourself too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there jadetaia, I didn't see your comment until now. I don't check the blog as frequently as I should.

    You know what, your comment is one of the reasons that keep me/us/subbers keep continue to do what we are doing. Sometimes subbing did drive us crazy that we need to take a break. I am just so happy that there are people who understand that subbers are as you said "people with needs", not some subbing machine.

    I'm glad to see that not only us/haru2subs subbers who read and write on this blog only. Since I haven't seen much comments from outside, I thought this blog is only read by us even though the aim for this blog is for others/fans/readers to understand more about our lives.

    ReplyDelete